Pinnacle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinnacle

Forum for Pinnacle alliance in Jade Dynasty

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recipes!! (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Calisto

Calisto

Recipes!!  (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun) Empty
PostSubject: Recipes!! (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun)   Recipes!!  (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Some may think this is girly or so outdated lol. But we have a couple cooks in the alliance that really like to share recipes so I thought why not share them with everyone. If you want to add to it your more then welcome to! Cool
Back to top Go down
Calisto

Calisto

PostSubject: Re: Recipes!! (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun)   Recipes!!  (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:14 am

Cappuccino Cinnamon Rolls *Oh so yummy*

Ingredients:
1 package active dry yeast, 1 cup of warm water (110 degrees), 3/4 cup warm milk (110 degrees), 1/2 cup of Buttermilk, 3 Tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons butter (softened), 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, 5-1/2 - 6 cups all purpose flour

Filling:
1/4 cup butter, melted, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Icing:
2 tablespoons butter, softened, 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, 2 teaspoons cappuccino mix, 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
*In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the warm milk, buttermilk, sugar, butter, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat on Medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. (dough will be sticky).

*Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greasted bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let it rise in a warm place until its doubled in size, usually about 1 hr.

* Punch dough down; Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18-in x 12-in rectangle; brush with butter. Combine the brown sugar, coffee granules, and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in of edges.

*Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in x 9-in baking pan. Cover and let rise to within 1/2 in of edges.

*Bake at 350 degrees for 22-28 minutes or until golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack. In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over rolls. Serve warm.

*Great for Cold winter mornings Smile*
Back to top Go down
Calisto

Calisto

PostSubject: Re: Recipes!! (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun)   Recipes!!  (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 am

Four Cheese Chicken Fettuccine

Ingredients:
8 ounces of uncooked fettuccine, 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted, 1 package of cream cheese cubed, 1 jar sliced mushrooms drained, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 3/4 grated parmesean cheese, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese, 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken

Topping:
1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs, 2 tablesppons butter melted, 1 to 2 tablespoons grated parmesean cheese

Directions:
Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet (or dutch oven) combine the soup, cream cheese, mushrooms, cream, butter, and garlic powder. Stir in cheeses; cook and stir until melted. Add chicken; heat through. Drain fettuccine; add to the sauce. Transfer to a shallow greased 2-1/2 qt baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.

*Very good with a fresh salad and hot garlic bread for the cold days of winter* Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sailimine

Sailimine

PostSubject: Something new we had the other night   Recipes!!  (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Can remember the name of it, found it on the back of the box of pasta..

2 Tbl olive oil
1 lb loose sausage or sausage removed from casing
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes ( we used the one with basil and garlic in it)
1 tsp garlic ( calls for 1 tsp but we LOVE garlic so i added another tsp)
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
And ofc i cant remember the name of the pasta but it was 1 box of a small quick cooking spiral (cooked in 3 mins) brand we used was Barilla
Parmesean cheese

In a large hot skillet, add olive oil and sausage, cook until browned. (dont drain it, fat adds flavor hehe)
Add garlic, italian seasoning and tomatoes, let simmer.
Cook ur pasta according to the box, drain and then add to sausage/tomatoes.
Serve topped with the parmesean cheese and we served with garlic bread.

Although this recipe is good as it is, Key and I thought of a change we'd make next time we have it..
Maybe add some onion and green pepper to the sausage while its cooking.

Even my picky 2 yr old ate this and had 2nds, it was a very nice, flavorful meal.
(as i sit here having the leftover for lunch lol )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recipes!! (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun)   Recipes!!  (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recipes!! (hey we all need to eat why not make it fun)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pinnacle :: Discussion Board :: General-
Jump to: